Thursday, April 16, 2015

EndoTruths: Infertility and Mental Health

Endometriosis and Infertility each can be devastating in their own right. But, experiencing both at once,  often leaves patients to suffer for years through misdiagnosis and mistreatment from the medical community. By the time patients get the help they need, often their fertility has been compromised and their feelings of anxiety and depression are overwhelming.

I reached out to the endometriosis community and asked patients to come and meet up to speak about their experiences with the disease. What came from this was 8 hours of footage of patients bravely talking about their unbelievable journeys with endometriosis and infertility. Their stories were heartbreaking, yet their spirits unbreakable. They spoke from their hearts and from their souls. They talked about how devastating the disease has been and the impact it has had on their mental health. They talked about what gets them through the day and what gives them hope, despite their pain.

I am incredibly grateful to these brave souls who came and testified. I know their stories will help others. Many MANY thanks to Dr. Sallie Sarrel , Jen Rutner , April  , Amanda , Marin , Lauren Tait, Lauren, Colleen, Chelsea Kern and Joe Faller, our needed male perspective, for your time and for sharing your story.

I have never been more proud of a project. I feel this represents so much of what I cover in my daily work counseling patients worldwide and through my group work through RESOLVE and EndoWarriors. The more we talk about these issues, the less patients will feel all alone.
You are not alone. We are all in this together.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    supplement reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just wondering if there is anyone online that I could view the documentary?

    ReplyDelete