Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15: A Day of Remembrance

October 15th is a day of remembrance for pregnancy loss and infant loss. So many of us women experience pregnancy and infancy loss, and yet it is something that is never spoke of in our society due to its private and painful nature. When I came out and started talking about my miscarriages, I was overwhelmed by how many others I knew had experienced similar situations. Today I think about all of us who have endured these losses. Please know that you are not alone and you are loved and thought of, especially today.

I Love You Still
I honor you, my lost little one, on this special day.
I often think what life would be like, if things had gone our way.
I miss you at the milestones, and in moments ordinary.
I miss you when I am happy, and especially when I am weary.
Would you have had your mommy’s laugh?
Would you have been tall like your dad?
The fact that we will never know, still makes me so sad.
I loved so very much, though brief was our time.
In my heart and in my soul, you will always be mine.
I’m not sure where you are right now-- or when we will meet again.
But the love we had was so very real, and that will never end.
So know my thoughts are with you, on this and every day.
May peace and happiness find us, That is what I pray.

For more resources on pregnancy and infant loss please go to: http://www.october15th.com/

1 comment: